Over the years, cleaning has become quite the job for me. Being a work-from-home-mom, it actually IS my job. And one of my tools of the trade is the best vacuum cleaner I can get my hands on. There’s only one that cleans better than any other vacuum across carpets and hard floors and that’s a DYSON! After having tried so many different styles and brands, I can confidently say, I’ll never buy anything but a Dyson. Currently, we have three different models in our home used for various tasks but my favorite is the bagless upright, the Dyson DC65 Animal. Just as the name suggests, this particular model is designed for homes with animals.
Dyson DC65 Animal Vacuum Cleaner Review
Much like the 75% of US homes that have a combination of carpets and hard floors, ours does as well. I’d say that 70 percent of our home is hard flooring with the other 30% being carpeting and a few rugs. While most vacuums can handle the task of switching between flooring types, I prefer the way the Dyson does it. The specially designed cleaning head automatically adjusts for floor/carpet height without ever having to switch a dial. This means I can vacuum my living room hard floor and proceed right onto vacuuming the carpet rug. With the press of a button you can switch between turning the roller brush on (for carpet) and off (for hard floors).
Now for our carpet rooms. I find the Dyson DC65 Animal to be my best friend. Why? Well, we have a lab puppy and she can be quite the troublemaker. Just this week, she snagged a bag of Goldfish crackers, tore through the bag and apparently danced on them until my daughter’s bedroom carpet was covered in bright orange cracker pieces. It was quite the mess!
I pulled out the Dyson DC65 Animal and put it to the test. In a front and back motion, an entire strip of carpet was cracker free. The amazing suction power makes it easy and quick to vacuum a room because you don’t have to go over areas multiple times. One notable update to this new model is that the brush bar power increased by 25% for superior carpet cleaning. Also, a new configuration of bristles dig deeper into carpets to remove more dirt!
What really seals the deal for this vacuum cleaner is the results. After just one room, you can see how much fur was left behind by our 4 shedding pets and captured in the see-through Dyson bin.
The easiest part is the one-click emptying feature of the Dyson bin. It easily unclips from the main unit and a single button drops open the bottom of the bin so you can dump the dust, fur and debris right into the waste basket.
This vacuum is really an all-in-one cleaning tool when it comes to removing dust, dirt and pet hair from the home. It includes a cleaning wand and accessories to tackle hard to reach jobs like the dust bunnies that collect near the ceiling. And the 180AW of suction makes sure you get every last bit of dust lurking. Also new, the remodeled airflows are designed to help remove more dirt, dust, and allergens from the home.
Features I LOVE
- 35 feet of cord – I can easily plug in the vacuum into the living room and continuously vacuum through the living room, into the kitchen, down the hall and into my son’s bedroom. At that point I need to move the cord to finish the remaining bedrooms and bathrooms.
- bagless technology – I’ve never been a fan of bagged vacuums. This one has a bagless bin so you can dump depris into the garbage can, clip it back in and keep going. No extra expense!
- 13-1/2″ cleaning path width – The wide cleaning path means I can vacuum rooms quicker and the edge reaching capability of the cleaning head means I can vacuum right up to baseboards without coming back behind with the wand.
Ready to own your first (or new and improved) Dyson?
Right now, you can purchase three different models anywhere Dyson is sold but especially at Amazon.com